Contract Terms & Conditions
Definition: Hereafter, S Richards Double Glazing Services will be referred to as “the partnership” (namely S Richards, K Richards & T Richards). The “customer” means any company, firm or individual(s) contracting with “the partnership”.
1. Value Added Tax is charged at the rate in force at the date of invoice.
2. The partnership will supply sealed glass units that comply with the guidelines set by the Glass & Glazing Federation.
3. A 10% deposit will be payable at the time an order is placed, the balance being payable by invoice, settlement to be within 7 days of the invoice date. Should the customer choose to cancel, the deposit will be forfeited. The customer will also be liable for any expenditure, in excess of the deposit amount, incurred by the partnership, to the date of cancellation.
4. All goods remain the property of the partnership until payment has been received in full. The partnership reserves the right to remove its products if the customer fails to make full payment at the agreed time, although this will not negate the whole of the debt. The partnership will charge interest at half of one % per week, or part thereof, on any overdue monies.
5. All delivery, collection, installation dates are given in good faith, but cannot be guaranteed.
Terms applicable to contracts requiring installation of goods
1. As at (3) above a 10% deposit will be payable at the time an order is placed, the balance of monies is due within 7 days of the submitted final invoice, presented to the customer on completion of all works. The customer will not be entitled to withhold payment by reason of any alleged defect.
2. Once goods are delivered they become the responsibility of the customer.
3. An installation date will be proposed by the partnership. If the customer delays installation by two weeks or more from the proposed date, the balance of the monies will be due from the partnership’s original proposed installation date.
4. The customer will provide supplies of water and electricity and will allow access during normal working hours.
5. Any Planning or Building Regulations approval is the responsibility of the customer.
6. All reasonable care will be taken when removing frames, but responsibility for wall coverings, tiles, etc., cannot be accepted. Making good cannot be guaranteed to be a perfect match to existing finishes.
7. If during the course of installation, defects are found in the property, every effort will be made to bring such defects to the attention of the customer. Arrangements can then be made for remedial work to be executed as the customer wishes, but obviously this will be subject to additional expenditure by the customer.
8. The guarantee is limited to repair or replacement of any faulty products or workmanship, we accept no consequential loss of any kind. The supplied products(s) will be guaranteed by the manufacturer for 10 years and subsequently the partnership will guarantee their installation work for 10 years should defects occur through proven faulty installation.
9. The partnership reserves the right to charge for any service call made during the guarantee period which is found to be caused by customer error, misuse, neglect or where a booked appointment is broken by the customer.
10. Failure to comply with the above terms many affect the guarantee.
11. Where applicable, on completion of all works the partnership will register the installation with FENSA & QANW.
NB: No guarantee is given that any installation undertaken by the partnership will completely eliminate condensation.
Terms applicable to contracts requiring supply of goods only
1. A 10% deposit is payable upon order of goods, the balance of monies is due on delivery/collection of goods. The customer will not be entitled to withhold payment by reason of any alleged defect.
2. Once the goods are in the possession of the customer, or his agent, they become the responsibility and liability of the customer.
THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS